Subject: Re: VAXstation * 4000 * VLC: what next?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/18/1997 11:34:10
> Hello,
>
> I have this flat thing on the side, with the abovementioned label on it.
>
> I guess I recognized the serial port ok... and the Video outlet, and
> reset button.
>
> However:
>
> - what's the DB50 with

> next to it? SCSI?

Yep.

> - What are the other ports?

Serial.  KB.  Mouse.

> - Can I use a serial console with it?

Yes.  Make you flip the S3 switch so enable the serial console.

> - Does it run NetBSD?

No.  I have one and hope to NetBSD/vax running on it.  It uses a
AMD7990 (LANCE) and the SCSI is an NCR53C94 so the standard drivers
should be able to coerced to work those devices.  The serial ports
are the standard DZ like quad serial chip that is commonly used (ie.
the dc chip in the 3100).

3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message