Subject: RE: mop booting of vs2000
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Maftoum / Karl Joseph (ISE) <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/17/1997 15:46:30
On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:

> Just for clarity; this means a mopd that will compile and run under
> NetBSD?
>
> In that case it's great news, I really don't want to throw out NetBSD in
> favour of Linux on my PC when I get my hands on a uVAX 2000.

It always has! mopd was originally written for NetBSD, I ported it to
linux so I could boot my VAXstation (for VAXlinux etc).. I wasn't
expecting anyone to use it to boot NetBSD on a VAX from a linux box..
(I'm surprised it works at all).

BTW Thanx for this thread, it has been very interesting seeing people
boot NetBSD from NFS exported from Linux .

Try doing that with Windows :)

Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au