Subject: mop booting of vs2000
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen PEARCE <spearce@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/1997 16:31:00
Hi...
	The recent comments on the group about booting
the vs2000 using mop sounds encouraging.

	Unfortunately I've only got the one dec box .. the
vs2000 ... I have acquired mopd for linux and compiled it ..
but don't know if / and / or how I can use this to boot the vs2000

	I wonder if someone would be kind enough to explicitly
describe the process of making mopd on a linux box available to
allow the vs2000 to boot ... and then how /and what images to have
on the linu box. Mopd seemed to come with v. little documentation
so I am having difficulty fitting it into my schema for
networks. I have an 8 bit ne3 card in the linux box ..and
a thin wire connection which I can easily hook up to the vax box.

	Thank you to anyone who takes the time to describe this
to a embreyonic vax netbsd'er! Maybe worth putting in a future faq if you do?

	Stephen