Subject: Re: Boot NetBSD 1.2C on VS2000 with TK50 ?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Young <young@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/13/1997 06:37:46
-> Correction to my previous message:
->
-> Ragge is right, I'm wrong.
->
-> On VS2000 the TK50 is not an TMSCP device (tms) but a SCSI tape device (st).
->
-> I haven't looked into the sources for quite some time, but if they
-> haven't changed lately, then SCSI support won't work for standalone
-> programs like /copy.
->
-> The only thing you could try is to boot from TK50 and then refer
-> to this TK50 via "rom(0,0)" or something like that. I'm not sure
-> if that'll work, but there's a bigger chance than with "st(0,0)".

	It works fine. From the console boot prompt, >>> B MUA0:
gets things going. Once you've done this, the system "remembers" the
boot device, so "rom(0,0)" is equated with "mua0:", which is DECspeak
for the TK50. Bertram showed me this about a year ago :-)

->
-> Ciao,
-> 	bertram
->