Subject: Re: Still having RF-71 troubles
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/12/1997 10:43:44
Hello Ragge,

> Yes, there is, but I must know what type of panic you get to be able
> to fix it. It would be very good if I could get a console output
> from the boot sequence.

In the words of Jim Carrey, All righty then...

! mscpbus0: at mtc0: version 4 model 3
! mscpbus0: DMA burst size set to 4
! mt0 at mscpbus0 drive 0: TK50
! uda0 at uba0 csr 172150 vec 770 ipl 17
! mscpbus1 at uda0: version 3 model 5
! mscpbus1: DMA burst size set to 4
! ra0 at mscpbus1 drive 0: RF71
! uda1 at uba0 csr 160334 vec 764 ipl 17
! mscpbus2: at uda1uda1: controller error, sa=0101513 (unknown error code)
! panic: mscp_requeue
! Stopped at	0x80088ef6:	ret
! db>

For the record, after reconfiguring my kfqsa as per Chris Qualye, the
problem is non-existant.  IMHO, we should get a warning message about
the mis-match in hardware rather than a rude panic.

Regards

Andy Sporner