Subject: Re: Source Tree and GCC cross compile.
To: Joe Broxson <broxson@u2.it.wsu.edu>
From: Alexandre Lamotte <lamotte@starway.digital.com.br>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/12/1997 08:58:50
Joe Broxson wrote:

> Ok two questions...
>
> This may make me seem ignorant, however I have read every readme, man
> page, etc. and can not find any answer.  I have downloaded the source tree
> (1.2) and don't know what to do with it now.  (It's in the form .aa .ab
> .ac, etc...)  Is this a CVS thing?  Instructions/help would be apreciated.
> :)

          Hi Joe,

                  I've got this kit for my pmax and I had no troble in
compile then. All you have to do is:

    - In the directory where you put the source ( source.aa,
source.ab...)  issue the command:

    cat source.?? | gunzip | tar xpvf -
 The cat command will join all the pieces, the gzip command will
uncompress then and tar will open the tar archive .
  Sugestion:

     put your system running NetBSD with a miniroot and run the command
from /.

     Good luck.  :)

    Ps.: This information is in install file in the upper directory from
the source place.

> Second.  I tried to compile a GCC as a VAX-ULTRIX cross compiler.
> Objective C
> wouldn't go, it said cannot locate stdio.h, I took it out of the make list
> and still got errors.  I did ran configure with the right switches (I
> believe), any ideas/guidance?  (I believe I was trying to compile 2.7.2)
> (I was trying to do this under RedHat Linux 4.0)

    Sorry no clue for this. I had compiled this version of gcc with
may native ansy compiler from Ultrix  and everything worked fine.