Subject: Re: Source Tree and GCC cross compile.
To: Joe Broxson <broxson@u2.it.wsu.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/11/1997 19:54:00
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Joe Broxson wrote:

> I have downloaded the source tree
> (1.2) and don't know what to do with it now.  (It's in the form .aa .ab
> .ac, etc...)

It's a split-apart gzip'd tar file. Try something like

    cat whatever.[a-z][a-z] | gzcat | tar -x

> Second.  I tried to compile a GCC as a VAX-ULTRIX cross compiler.

Don't compile C++ or objective-C when you're compiling a cross-compiler.

This will only work for the kernel and static executables, BTW,
and even for that you may need the patch on my patches page:
<http://www2.portal.ca/~cjs>.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates