Subject: Re: Still having RF-71 troubles
To: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
From: Chris Quayle <icq@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/11/1997 23:10:06
The problem is that the controller is configured for more disks than the
thing has connected, but this should be easy to fix...

Had a similar problem with the kfqsa on my machine in that the
controller was telling the OS that it was actually three separate
controllers, each with a separate csr and with a single disk each. Don't
have a manual for the kfqsa, but eventually found a combination for the
controller dipswitch which made the second two controllers go away. All
switches were off when I got the machine but are now:

	1	down / on
	2	down / on
	3	up / off
	4	up / off

On the 3550, you can get into the KFQSA monitor program via the vax
monitor:

> set host/dup/uqssp/disk 0	(for controller 0)

You get a list of tasks which let you set or show parameters, list
errors, power on hours etc. Select the PARAMS task and do a show /all to
get the big list...

	Regards, Chris