Subject: Re: Chaining RA82's
To: Rick GC <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/11/1997 15:13:50
> I am currently running Netbsd on a uVax 3600 with one RA82 and have aquired
> a SA482 (four RA82's).  I would like to know if anyone could give me some
> ideas about how to best connect/chain them up.  I noticed that the 3600 has
> connectors for four drives (0, 1, 2, 3) or at least that is how it appears.
> Also each drive has two switches(A and B) and synching connectors(on the
> back/little round guys) which leads me to believe that the drives can be
> chained and synched.

No. The drives are connected to the controller in a star.
However, the drives are dual ported, so that you can connect a drive to
two controllers if you want to.

Each controller can be connected to max four drives.

The buttons are used to select which port(s) to accept commands on, and
is the same as that connector.

	Johnny