Subject: RF71 MSCP controller question
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/1997 22:24:09
Hello Group,

I just recently 'edlabeled' and 'copied' miniroot V1.1 to my VaxServer 3500
When I booted I got a message that said it found my RF71 at UDA0.  Then it
goes on to try to probe UDA1. This yields 'Controller hung'.  I think I have
the partial answer.  When I do a 'show UQSSP' at the monitor prompt it
also reports RF71 at target 0, but then it goes on to targets 1,2,3,4 and 5
each one with a time-out of about a minute.  Without knowing the inner
workings, it seems like BSD is smarter in knowing when to quit.

Later in the boot sequence after 4 iterations of 'Controller Hung ...
then finally 'Changing root device to ra0a' I get a message
'UDA1: Init step 3 failed...'  This device does not exist!  Is there some
jumper fiddling that I need to do or what?

Regards

Andy