Subject: UK: MV2s available cheap
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J Lothian <jlothian@tattoo.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/1997 15:43:22
Greenweld, an electronics surplus company in the UK,
is currently advertising war-surplus microvax IIs
for sixty quid each. They're being sold for parts only.
NOTE: THESE MACHINES HAVE NO HARD DISK, although there's
an RQDX3 in the box. The one
I got had an RX33 floppy. It also had a deqna, six megs of
memory, and four KMV11s (some sort of uP-controlled serial
line). They're advertised as having eight megs of memory,
but I'm not going to quibble at the price.

Greenweld are at
http://www.herald.co.uk/clients/G/Greenweld/greenweld.html
As they're being sold essentially for scrap value, the
machines are sent by parcel post, and are apt to arrive a
bit dented :-).

I have no connection with Greenweld, other than the fact that
I'm a complete junk-hound.

James

James Lothian        |      "It's life, Jim,
james@uk.ac.ed.caad  |   but not as we know it"
          These opinions have nothing to do
             with Edinburgh University.