Subject: 1.2C Problems
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <simon@knuffel.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/1997 15:10:45
Hi!

I have Ragges 1.2C Snapshot from 2.Feb running on
a MVII. When booting, the kernel ask for a boot device

boot device:<unknown>

Is this just unconfigured or due to the fact that I have
root on ra1a, not on ra0a? (Due to unfixed bad blocks on
ra0...)?
It seems that I have to rebuilt the kernel?

Another question: I have a deqna-Ethernet. The Interface
stops working sometimes, after

ifconfig qe0 down
ifconfig qe0 up

it works again. Is there a better solution?

On another subject:

My vaxstation2000 hangs just after booting miniroot.
After the copyright message everything stops.
I have the console on the printerport, with pin 8 and 9
connected together. Any other connections necessary?
Btw where is this mystic jumper which selects mv2000
or vs2000?

Thanks a lot, especially Ragge for the port,

Simon.

simon@knuffel.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de