Subject: Progress on BI support...?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Johansson <cjn@isd.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/1997 08:41:41
Hi everybody!

Is there any support for the VAX BI bus in NetBSD yet? I think
I can recall that the matter was discussed some months ago. Are there
any support, or will there ever be any support?

I will recive a VAX 8530 and about 16 RA82 disks this week, and it
would be fun to have an OS for it... ;-)

I don't know anything about the machine execpt that it is big, but
smaller than the 8600 we have now. What media is used for
bootstrapping? Can I use my TU77 Massbus tape or do I have to blow
the dust off the old TS11? (Is TS11 supported by NetBSD yet? And if
it isn't would a TU81 work?)

Sorry about the non NetBSD questions, Greets

-Christian
Christian Johansson
ISD Datasystem
cjn@isd.se