Subject: Re: vs2000 (surprise!) MOP etc.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/28/1997 09:57:02
On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > Isn't it possible to load the entire kernel via MOP? If not, am I gonna
> > have to wait until someone writes a TFTP-loader MOP image file? Even if
> > there isn't support for root fs on NFS it'd be nice to see a screenful
> > of cryptic kernel messages. :)
> >
> There _is_ support for root & swap over NFS. But the principle is not
> to load the kernel via MOP, you just load the boot program that
> loads the kernel. I have been writing some standalone drivers for
> qe and le last days, so this will be possible in a couple of days.
> NOTE: I remember that there were some problem with MOP-loading VS2000
> with moj's mop-loader, but I don't know if it's fixed.

Yes, there was problems with VS2000 until last summer. The main problem was
that VS2000 is very picky about SQE. So when I changed it on the transiver
all problems disapeard. I think there was a small problem discovered by Oscar
too, but it was also fixed.

> -- Ragge

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)