Subject: Re: Netscape 4.0b2
To: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/26/1997 12:15:43
A. Sporner drunkenly mumbled...

> I have netscape 2.x and Linux 1.2.   I have no problems.  I have hit
> sights where I will lock up the window manager though.  I have a strange

hmm, i have a 2.x kernel, so maybe that has something to do with it. *shrug*

> setup.  I have a Vaxstation/3100 running VMS as a X-server.  I run the

when netscape locked up it was being run and displayed on the same machine.
nothing too fancy, linux 2.x, XFree86 [mumble].[mumble], and fvwm.

> motif window manager from my Sequent and I telnet into the Linux box
> (my communications gateway) to run Netscape.  Just think, all this from
> my living room.  Maybe "wonko" has some competition?

this sounds a lot like my current setup, except i have a sparc5 that is
displaying it, since my linux box is my communications gateway (since i'm too
lazy to setup the linux box as a true gateway since i'm moving to NetBSD)
doing it this way it doesn't give me any trouble.  hasn't locked up once. i do
have Java disabled though.

-wonko