Subject: NFS VAX and Linux
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: V. M. Haas (Me) <vhaas@cnj.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/1997 16:54:35
People -

I have (finally) got my uVAXII machine running on kernel v1.2C (Thanks, Ragge!)

The little beastie is equipped with 2 RD54's and I am trying to get a source
tree built so I can go on with the next steps.  (IPv6, etc.)  The RD54's
don't have enough collective size to handle the source tree through
compilation.

I am trying to use the Linux box as an NFS server, and the Vax as its client
over an Ethernet.

When I mount the filesystem remotely, it mounts OK, but gives me "Permission
Denied" whenever I try to access files on the mounted filesystem.

Configuration: Linux machine 192.168.1.1 (jubal.vmhnet.net)

/etc/exports:

/home2		michael.vmhnet.net(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)

VAX machine 192.168.1.2  (michael.vmhnet.net)

/etc/fstab:

. . .
michael.vmhnet.net:/home2	/usr/src	rw

Any ideas what's wrong?