Subject: Re: Vax Server 3100
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/1997 18:17:51
> > ok, so this makes me ask the question.  should i run my VS 2000 as a VS2000
> > or a uV2000??
> >
> > just curious.  what's the difference anyway?
>
>   The jumper disables the framebuffer for uV2000 mode.  Then the
> keyboard & mouse ports also become additional serial ports if you have
> the little dongle connector for the back.

Just for completeness's sake:

Also(?) this jumper toggles a flag in the configuration register
(i think its official name is "server flag") which is checked by
some VAX/VMS software in order to decide which and how many licenses
you need. This flag is used by NetBSD only to decide which string to
diplay, "MicroVAX 2000" or "VAXstation 2000"

Ciao,
	bertram