Subject: vs2k and that funny MFM/SCSI dongle box
From: Wonko the Sane @ ~ <wonko@rtfm.asylum.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/1997 03:24:34
does anyone have an extra MFM/SCSI expansion dongle box??  after ripping this
stupid thing apart i've come to the conclusion that kludging the extra ST251
onto it is going to be too much of a pain in the ass.  there appears to be
no way to route the cables to the outside of the case without cutting a hole
somewhere and i just don't want to do that.

also, how many MFM drives does the expansion box handle? i know that MFM can
handle up to 4 MFM drives and would like to put 4 MFM drives on this thing.
the internal ST251, the extra ST251 (ext), a 3.5" FH 50M MFM drive i have (ext)
and a 10M (or is it 20M) MFM drive i have laying around as well. (also ext)
so 1 internal MFM and 3 external MFM would be very cool.  also, does anyone
have a fully functional TK50 for this thing they'd like to give away? i can
use my WangTek-5150ES, but that has a home in my 386.

thanks,

-wonko