Subject: Problems with 1.2C Snapshot
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/14/1997 15:58:10
Hi All:

I am newly running the 1.2C snapshot placed on ftp.netbsd.org by
Ragge a couple of weeks ago. In some respects it seems better, but I
amfinding that it either crashes the machine (a mVax II) or hangs the
machine within a couple of hours of boot.

I grabbed the kernel sources but also cannot get a kernel build, or
even the config, to run. config returns a message about
"../../../../std.vax file not found". I tried changing the include at
the top of the config file but the make still fails (the config I
mean) with an indeterminate error.

So, I just ewanted to give everyone my impression. I want to get a
working machine that I can build a kernel on, so I can work on the
TS11 tape driveer. If I can ever get the machine usable then I will
be able to contribute some code to the project. This is very
frustrating.

Kevin

--
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD