Subject: RE: VS2000 and NetBSD-current
To: 'bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org' <bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org>
From: Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@ps.carel.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/12/1997 09:11:29
Hi,

	I have now almost managed to get a NetBSD-current -based (after 1.2C snapshot)
	kernel to boot on a VS2000 by doing some minor changes to dzcons.c.
	Kernel boots up fine, but I have still couple of problems:

	- 19 is not recognized as a valid major number for root fs drive (the mfm drive)
	- RX33 is not recognized by kernel,
	- When I type rd0a when kernel asks for root fs, it panics in parsedisk,
	- After a panic, it won't boot again unless I recycle the power
	  (loads but crashes very early).

	Anyway, it seems that most of the support needed is already in place.
	Which is great.

		Ari S.