Subject: Re: No MOP OK, what about SCSI
From: Wonko the Sane @ ~ <wonko@rtfm.wonko.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/11/1997 20:22:04
Rick Copeland drunkenly mumbled...

> Well I guess I cannot use MOP to boot my bare uVax3600 over the network but
> Wonko is saying below something about jamming a SCSI cable into his computer
> has made me wonder if it is possible to use a SCSI Wangtek tape drive to
> boot the miniroot on my uVAX3600 like I have done with my SUN 3/150 (please
> excuse the port jumping, but I love big hardware!).  If this is possible
> then all I might be near to making my first assault on my uVAX3600!

well, let's see, i don't know about the 3600 SCSI, but the VS2000 SCSI is not
bootable so you will still most likely need a boot floppy.  which shouldn't
be too big a deal.  the WangTek should work without a hitch.  i have reports
of someone using a WangTek-5150 on a VS2000.

no problem with the port jumping, i have, or will get:

1 - VAXstation 2000
2 - SUN 3/180
1 - SUN 1/100U
1-5 - SUN 2/120
1 - PDP-8/L
2 - VAX 11/750

so, yea, i think we're all into the big iron.  :)

-wonko