Subject: Re: MOP command?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/11/1997 18:41:54
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Rick Copeland wrote:

> David Brownlee kindly replied to my inquiry regarding a "Bare system loadin"
> I posted to the Vax list 2/10/97:
>
>  "If you can network it to another unix box you might be able to boot it
> with MOP"
>
> I am new to Vax country and a completely bare MicroVax 3600 has not helped
> things much (no man pages, etc.)so I sincerely hope that the list will take
> this fact into consideration when reading my endless postings with
> questions. I was pointed toward the Vax Faqs last night however I could not
> find any documentation on "MOP"!

ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/DECnet/PhaseIV/maintop30.txt
ftp://ftp.spc.edu/mop-server/mopv50.ps

The first one describes MOP V3.0.0 and the later MOP V4.0.0.

You can find my MOP loader at ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/OS/NetBSD/mopd
or in OpenBSD.

Since network booting isn't supported yet it will not help you.

> Rick GC.

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)