Subject: Re: MOP command?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/11/1997 17:29:38
	'MOP' is a network boot protocol used by Digital Vax &
	Decstations.

	I believe someone has a working 'mopd' which could be used to
	serve a vax kernel from another NetBSD (or other unix) box to
	a vax booting over its ethernet interface.

	I'm not sure if the kernel would be able to do anything useful
	(It would have to contain a memory disk containing enough utils
	to build the disk, and while the code for this exists in NetBSD
	(md device, plus gzipped kernel) I dont think its currently
	used in the vax port.

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

Thought for : Loathing the way "Don't cry for me Argentina" has
  the day   : been bastardized by Madonna into a 'disco' song.