Subject: VS2000 and NetBSD-current
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/1997 08:48:06
Situation was that NetBSD-current compiled for VS2000 doesn't work.

Bertram Barth writes:
[...]
> If the machine doesn't display any "HLT PC=xxxx" message but just
> sits there and seems to dead, this is almost sure due to an endless
> loop while counting memory...
>
> badaddr() which traps invalid addresses on other VAXen doesn't (or
[...]

Havin' a look into the sources sometimes helps in getting a clue ;-/

One of ragge's last messages about DZ made me rethink what I wrote.
After having a look into current sources I found that ragge already
explained this behaviour completely. (the missing support for VS2000's
output routines are the reason why there's no output on your terminal;
it's an endless loop also but there's no relation to memory counting
or pmap.c).

Sorry for the confusion.
Ciao,
	bertram