Subject: Crash
To: 'NetBSD/VAX list' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/1997 13:44:53
I was just going to brag about an uptime of 58 days on my uVAX II when
disaster struck:

panic: uba zero uentry
Stopped at         0x8008093d:    add12   $4, r8
db> c
syncing disks...

and then nothing. I had to press the reset-button to get to the monitor
prompt.

Anyone know what could cause this? I'm running a self-compiled 1.2
release kernel.

The reason I was going to brag about the uptime was because I was going
to declare NetBSD/VAX ready for production use. I have installed the
Apache web server on my VAX and copied the FAQ pages to it. I was going
to announce that it seemed only proper that the NetBSD/VAX FAQ pages
were hosted on a VAX running NetBSD, but I think I'll wait a bit before
I make the move "official" (have to see if that crash was a freak
accident or what...)

Anyway, if you want to check them out or check out the speed of Apache
on a 9MB uVAX II, point your browser at:

http://vaxine.bitcon.no/

Maybe it would be a good idea if you all browsed the pages a couple of
times/day so I could get the machine stress-tested ;-)

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2