Subject: getty repeating too quickly error
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kees Stravers <pb0aia@iaehv.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/1997 19:26:47
Hello All,
A strange error happened when I tried to add a DHV-11 8 port serial card
to my MicroVAX II running NetBSD 1.1. I put the M3104 in, strapped at the
standard adress, I did ./MAKEDEV dhu0 in /dev and I changed one tty00
line in the /etc/ttys file, tty00 to ttyS0 and off to on.
Now when the machine boots, it says just after it changes the runlevel
from 0to 1:

vax init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyS0, sleeping
vax init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/console, sleeping

This is repeated endlesly. (At least, as long as I cared to wait.)
Note that it also complains about /dev/console. I did not change a thing in
the console line in the ttys file!

What might be the problem? It happens with both the dhv-11s I have here.
My MVII is nothing special, just KA630, 9M memory, dhv-11, deqna, tk50.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Kees Stravers

Kees Stravers - Geldrop, The Netherlands - pb0aia at amsat dot org
PC/Novell system management - DEC PDP-11/VAX preservationist

`[1;36;40mNet-Tamer V 1.06 - Registered