Subject: RE: re:configuring terminal ports
To: 'NetBSD/VAX list' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/1997 13:53:28
If I remember correctly the LN03R (like all LN03s) only supports
XON/XOFF handshaking. Thus you should use a standard pin 2&3 (crossed)
and 7 cable.

The software for the LN03R is another matter. The printer is by no means
a vanilla PostScript printer, I seem to recall that it needs some sort
of special software on the host to print anything at all. On VMS the
software was called CPS and was needed to get the printer to work at
all. Or is my memory failing me? Anyone?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2