Subject: re: re:configuring terminal ports
To: Robin Birch <robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk>
From: Michael Berghaus <bergm@lightblue.localnet>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/1997 21:00:34
Hi Robin,

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Robin Birch wrote:

> I cofigured up the port for the printer and it now prints out a nice
> neat header page. Great says I but where is the rest of the document.

I use a uVAX 3100 runninng Ultrix 4.3(?) and observe exactly the same
effects.

> Summary of problem:
 --- killed ---
Sounds like the description of MY problems..... ;-)

> Ideas please, I have never seen this before and am a little stumped.

I suppose that something is wrong with handshaking.
My LN03R printer should be capable of soft- and hardware-
handshake. The documentation says something about "restrain" flow
control.... ?-)
Perhaps someone knows the exact pin assignment of the printer port
resp. VAX's DB25-modem port (esp. RTS/CTS resp. DSR/DTR) ?

Michael Berghaus             Tel:   ++49-(0)2202/31809
Talweg 59                    email: bergm@nemeter.dinoco.de
D-51469 Bergisch Gladbach    ham:   dg2kbh@dk0mwx.#nrw.deu.eu