Subject: re: re:configuring terminal ports
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robin Birch <robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1997 23:00:19
The Mud Gets deeper,
By the way, thanks for the notes on where to find the various flags etc.
I cofigured up the port for the printer and it now prints out a nice
neat header page. Great says I but where is the rest of the document.

Summary of problem:
        when printing the body of the printout is not printed.
        The header is.

        this only occurs on the serial printer (/dev/ttyS0) when I print
        to a networked queue going to another computer then all works
        fine.

        If I queue up a very large document or issue insanely large
        -#nnn flags then the spool files appear momentarily in the
        spool directory and lpc shows that there is a file on the
        queue but nothing comes out.  There is now activity on the
        port - data or control and the lpd-errs file has no entries.

Ideas please, I have never seen this before and am a little stumped.

Cheers

Robin
Robin Birch     robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk

M1ASU           Old computers and radios always welcome