Subject: RE: uVAX III capabilities (again)
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Antonio Carlini 27-Jan-1997 0607 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1997 07:05:36
>On a similar subject, what's the difference between a MicroVAX 3500 and a
>MicroVAX 3600?  I'd like to know which mine is.

The MicroVAX 3500 and MicroVAX 3600 are functionally identical but the 3600
comes in a bigger box (approx 12 Q-bus slots instead of approx 6, but I've never
counted them so don't quote me).

The MicroVAX 3800/3900 distinction is the same (MicroVAX 3900 in the bigger box)
and the same applies to the MicroVAX 3300 and MicroVAX 3400 (MicroVAX 3400 in
the bigger box).

The VAXstation 3200 was a KA650+VCB02 in a BA23 and the VAXstation 3500 was in
the same box as the MicroVAX 3600 (although the only ones I have seen have been
in our lab, so the box might have been swapped!).

At least one DECsystem (the 5500 I think) comes in the same box as the
MicroVAX 3600.

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England