Subject: Re: modifying files.vax
To: Robin Birch <robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/1997 12:54:06
On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Robin Birch wrote:

[Adding 3400 Lance support]
> So this suggests that what I want is something like:
>
> 	attach le at vsbus
> 	attach la at uba
> 	file arch/vax/if/if_le.c
>
> This complains about duplicates of le.  Similar structures exist earlier on
> in the file so what I want to do should be possible.  Can anybody suggest how
> I should go about this.

I think what you want to do is something like:

attach le at vsbus with le_vsbus
attach le at uba with le_uba   # I assume you meant le not la.

Then in if_le.c you have two different cf_attach structs:

struct cfattach le_vsbus_ca = { /* Routines for a VAXstation Lance */ };
struct cfattach le_uba_ca = { /* Routines for a KA640 Lance */ };

At least, this is how it seems to be done for other devices.

--
Ben Harris
Undergrad Computer Rep, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge.