Subject: vs 2000 motherboard
To: None <PORT-VAX@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen PEARCE <spearce@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/18/1997 07:04:30
	Hi
	I recently acquired a vaxstation 2000. I would like to
run NetBSD on it. It used to run its diagnostics ok but since
I replaced the hard disk in the main (motherboard) box
it is giving memory manager and ethernet (MM and NI)
fatal errors (??)
	I suspect I have done some rather severe damage to
the motherboard.
	It has the clearpoint 16 M memory expansion card.

	Could someone give me some advice on the likely site
of problems ... and if it is possible to obtain second hand replacement
parts for it ... it has a colour monitor, and 2 rd54 hard disks so
hopefully is salvagable.

	Sorry if this is slightly off tack for this group ...
once and if i can get it going I look forward to
trying NetBSD.
	Thanks
	Sephen Pearce