Subject: Re: 3100 boot images...
To: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/12/1997 09:11:01
> > The drive supported by DEC is the SCSI version of the TK50. Rumor has
it
> > that there is a difference between the model shipped with the VS2000 and the
> > model shipped with later SCSI systems (I've not investigated, but I suspect
> > the version originally shipped with the VS2000 doesn't disconnect).

Here's the difference:

the TK50Z-GA was designed for the 3100. the TK50Z-FA was designed for the
VS2000. There are two differences between the drives: The GA has an
external switch for setting the SCSI ID, but on the FA you have to set
jumpers on the board. And the ROMs are different, but interchangeable
parts-wise. I've just researched this, a TK50 FA with FA and GA ROMS is
enroute to me from a guy at www.keyways.com.

My two cents...

Kevin

--