Subject: 3100 boot images..
To: Karl Maftoum <karlm@blitzen.canberra.edu.au>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/1997 11:29:03
> As for the vax images, my vaxstation 3100 simply goes into an endless
> loop with the ones mentioned here a few days ago.
>
> i.e >>> b dua2 (or b)
> BOOT SYS
> -DUA2
>
> etc etc

Just to be sure: You've connected a serial console to your 3100?
[Graphic console is not yet supported. Thus the output of the boot-
blocks/program (if any) goes to the serial console (directly via the
DZ-chip). Without a serial console you won't see anything.]

Your 3100 seems to be one of those which have both SCSI and MFM.
If you have a spare SCSI-disk, then it would be interesting to see
what happens if you dump the test-image to this disk and boot from it.

Ciao,
	bertram