Subject: Re: mopd-linux seems to work
To: Maftoum / Karl Joseph (ISE) <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/1997 07:20:27
On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Maftoum / Karl Joseph (ISE) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to have mopd working under linux, with the 'borrowed' pf.c, and a
> few mods here and there, well I assume it's working (i have no images to
> test it at teh moment, i will try and compile mopa.out so i can try the
> vax boot image) but the syslog has (1) Do you have <machine id> ? (No)
> which I assume is a pretty good sign, as the vax was commanded

Yup, that seems to be OK. But the only thing checked is reciving packets.
If you want to test the complete boot get e.g.
ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/OS/NetBSD/mopd/NETTEST.SYS and place it in
/tftp/mop. Then try >>> boot/100 esa0 and answer NETTEST on the filename
question.

> Not ever haveing seen mopd work 'out-of-the-box' could someone let me
> know if this is right?
>
> As for releasing it I have to ask the author of the appletalk filter from
> where I go the pf code from, for permission.
>
> Cheers
> Karl

> Karl Maftoum
> Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia
>
> Email: u963870@student.canberra.edu.au

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)