Subject: Re: 3100 boot images..
To: Karl Maftoum <karlm@blitzen.canberra.edu.au>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/05/1997 12:57:43

> I have vms 6.2 (and 7.0) licences etc... BUT the vax has no external
> cdrom or os or anything.. now I have a linux box :-) with a quad drive
> etc networked to the vax is there any way of making the vax boot from the
> linux box witht eh vms cd?

I am working right now on boot, so that it can be loaded over network
and run the machine diskless. This may be what you want :-)
You need a mop loader to get the initial boot program onto your machine,
and I'm not sure if Mats O Jansson's mopd works under Linux.

About 3100 questions, I redirect them to Bertram. It will show up
support code for 3100 in the main source tree rather soon.

-- Ragge