Subject: VS2000 status?
To: None <PORT-VAX@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/1997 10:15:12
Greetings!

I have recently acquired a new MicroVAX II with plenty of disk space. So I
have gone from working to get a workable NetBSD system in a small amount of
disk space to having disk space to spare. The new MicroVAX II has an RQDX3,
so it will be easy to swap drives between it and my Microvax 2000s (I have
a "Leprechaun" box to support an external drive on the 2000; it uses the
same mounting hardware as the builtin drive bays of the II, so moving a
drive between the two consists primarily of pulling it out of one box and
slapping it in the other). I am also not very busy at work at the moment,
so I have some time to spend for the next little while.

What I would like to know is:

- What version of NetBSD should I be running on the MicroVAX II to help
  with the 2000 hacking? I'm currently running 1.1A.

- Where are the current sources for the 2000 hacks?

- What should I be working on? I have Ultrix experience with serial ports,
  and embedded system experience with the 9224 disk controller.

- My 3100/30 is currently configured with the MFM/SCSI controller (I also
  have a SCSI/SCSI controller for it). Should I be fiddling with that
  instead?

Hoping to make myself useful,

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu