Subject: test images for VS2000/VS3100
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bertram Barth <Bertram.Barth@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/02/1997 15:02:58
I had some spare time and tried to setup test-binaries for VS2000
and VS3100. Since the binaries I compiled out of my local source-tree
are no longer working on my machines I just copied/dd'ed the binaries
from the disks on my VS2000/VS3100 and put them together into two
test-images. Both images hold 1.2MB filesystems, the bootblocks I'm
using on my machines (including the labels), the /boot program and a
kernel named "netbsd". The binaries are NOT compiled out of -current
but from a rather old side-branch of NetBSD-1.1

Warning: The floppies I made from these binaries didn't boot on my
VS2000, I had no time to test them on my VS3100. I don't know if this
is a problem of my local machine or of the floppies. The same binaries
work on my machines when used from the harddisk. I had not enough time
to go deeper into this problem. Sorry.

In order to test with these binaries just dump the filesystems onto
a floppy or even better onto the harddisk (esp. SCSI-disks on 3100)
and try to boot from that device. It will fail at some stage, but any
error will be interesting. If you get any output on the console I'd
like to get a dump of that.

Have fun.
Ciao,
        bertram

PS: They're located at our ftp-server ifib4.ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de