Subject: VR290 Color monitor (VS2000)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Malagelada Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/1996 09:40:24
Somebody asked about VR290 monitors...

Well, they are 19 or 20", 1024x920 (more or less), and the image quality
is great! dark background, high contrast, high stability, and a
"degauss" button to "shake" the tube.

In character mode (132x40 more or less) the image is clean.
Using test 82? (screen of E) the sizes of the letters is the same in the
whole screen.
In color mode, has no distortion between bars of color (test 81?).
The tube is build by groups of three dots (instead of the three bar groups
used in TV tubes).

I've only seen the same quality in the old EIZO monitors, and some 15" IBM
ones.

The only think I dislike from that monitors is that the surface of the glass
of the tube is very smooth, and it does "mirror" effect: If you work
with a light behind you, you'll see nothing.

If anyone wants to know the technical characteristics, I have
the manual for that monitor...

Marc.