Subject: Re: VAXstation 2000
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/19/1996 22:29:35
At 06:48 PM 12/19/96 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>On December 19, you wrote:
>> last one.  don't know about those DEC 19" monitors though. he should still
>> have them left.  anyone know about them? are they any good?
>
>  The VR290's?  I've had a couple of 'em over the years.  I like them
>a lot.  They were replaced by the VR299, but I prefer the earlier
>model.  The have a very dark background, so the contrast is very nice.

Hey, would anybody happen to know how difficult it is to repair broken
DEC monitors?

I've got a stack (oh, like 4-5) of VR262s in various states of disrepair.
I'd like to get them running. Mostly they have dark pictures, but some
have black lines running through the picture.

Any ideas? If I can get them working, I'll be happy to get rid of them.
I don't need them. Heck, I'm happy to get rid of them anyway.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.    -   kpneal@pobox.com
XCOMM     http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/       -   kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu