Subject: TK50 SCSI q.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arjen Schoneveld <arjen@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/13/1996 13:55:32
 Hi Tom,

 Sorry to bother you but I have a question.
 In the net-bsd port-vax mailing list you said that you use a
 TK50 tape drive (in a box) as a SCSI tape to another computer.
 How do you do this?
 I own a VS2000 with a separate TK50 tape drive.
 I'd like to run NetBSD, but before doing two TK50 tapes are needed
 in order to boot.
 In order to write the tapes I want to hook the tape drive to a MacIntosh,
 because I've heard that the TK50 tape drive has a SCSI interface.
 If this is true how can I set the SCSI ID, Because the MacIntosh does
 not recognize the tape drive when scanning the SCSI bus.
 I suppose it does not matter which one of the two cable sockets you
 use on the back of the drive, as long as there is a terminator on one
 of them?

 Thanks very much in advance,

 Arjen Schoneveld