Subject: Vaxstation 3100 support
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/1996 03:11:52
I gather that there hasn't been any major advancements in the porting of
NetBSD over to the Vaxstation 3100.  Is anyone working on this?  Is there
any drivers yet?  I am unsure on what kind of brains the VS3100 has, but
will existing kernels (with driver mods), GCC, etc from the existing Vax
branch run on the VS3100?

I was also wondering if there was an x-terminal that could handle the video
hardware in the VS3100 (I am unsure if the adapters were soldered or cards
or what).

Basically what is happening is I finally have access to a couple (one
color, one B&W (monster screen, its wonderful) VS3100's and I would like to
run something other than VMS on them.  I will have access to all the
hardware manuals, etc etc so any kind of driver info should be easy to get.

they are so cheap to buy now, that a stack of them would be nice....  a few
for web services, one for sendmail, one for DNS, etc etc etc...

If anyone knows of anyone working on this, I'd like to help as much as
possable...  I'm not much of a programmer but I'm willing to learn.

Thanks
Jacob Suter
---
Intrastellar Internet Service - Houston County, Texas
Voice: (409) 687-9066
Web: http://www.intrastar.net/

"And Jacob Plows, Fool!"