Subject: Re: TK50 in uVAX2000 (hardware question)
To: None <marc@hades.udg.es>
From: Christer Weinigel <wingel@rendezvous.ctrl-c.liu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/1996 14:38:35
> From: Marc Malagelada Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
> Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 01:07:32 -0100 (GMT+1)
>
> Hi all.
>
> Some time ago we talked about the TK50 in the uVAX2000 and VAXstations2000.
> Somebody said that it was a SCSI device.

Well, no, not really.  The TK50 itself uses a proprietary interface
(wich seems to be rather well documented, if you can get your hands on
the Real User guide).

There also exists a board which is a SCSI to TK50 converter.  I've got
one of these at home and it works just fine with my Linux box and a
Trantor T128 SCSI adapter.

I've been told that this board is the same board which can be found in
a tape expansion box for uVAX2000, but with a different firmware.  It
might even use the same firmware, but I really don't know.

If you're interested, I could take look at the board and the EPROMS
I've got, I't might be the same hardware.

  /Christer