Subject: VAX 3400
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J. Joseph Max Katz <jkatz@mac.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/03/1996 11:51:11
Greetings!

I know that NetBSD will run on a VAX 3400, but there is no built-in
ethernet support or DSSI. I'm prepared to have nfs root, etc, etc.
However, the VAX 3400 that I have at my disposal has 128M of RAM and a
mux (multiport serial) card. Will the multiport serial card work, and
will NetBSD/vax work with 128M of RAM? I know it may sound silly, but
remember the restrictions on the x86 architecture at different points in
time...

Many thanks in advance!

-Jon (J. Joseph Max Katz) jkatz@mac.edu |\/|=|===========================+
|OpenBSD Hacker (i386 and VAX) * MIS and CS double major * Tenor Sax     |
|Player * MSA Rep (Theater Association) * 'Daily Other' lackee (Thursday |
|Edition Editor) * OFFICIAL Alpha Phi Omega pledge * lab assistant, Mac  |
|Hall, Every Mon, Wed, and Fri: 3-5pm * Space Left Intentionally Blank   |
Say, you want to talk?  VOICE: +1 217.479.7308 (aka x308)
 SNAIL:  Box 4454, MacMurray College, Jacksonville, Illinois 62650 USA
NOTE: If I'm not slaving over OpenBSD on my PC, it's the VAX real-soon(tm).