Subject: 1.2 Alpha on a Microvax II
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy Rosengren <rosengre@augsburg.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/15/1996 19:07:14
Just to add to the mix -- I've also tried to install the 1.2 alpha kernel
on a MicroVAX II and have had the same problems.  I can always get to the
point where it asks you for the root partition, and I've always been dumped
into microcode.

I'd really like to get NetBSD working on the MicroVAXen that I have because
the version of Ultrix that I currently have only supports 8 users.  I'm trying
to set up these machines as inexpensive (albeit slow) shell account servers
for my school.

Any thoughts, ideas, and things we oughta try from the developers would be
greatly appreciated.