Subject: vs2000 lance info
To: None <marc@hades.udg.es>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/16/1996 11:25:59
Here is what I think you'll need. If you have more questions, just email
me and I'll look it up.

- ethernet address lives in ROM at 0x20090000 in the low order byte of the
  6 longwords
- Lance does DMA to/from physical memory, using all 24 address bits
  (the vs2000 has a physical address space of 16Mbytes, although I never
   heard of one with more than 12Mbytes of memory)
  - initialization block must be word (ie. 2 byte) aligned
  - receive and transmit descriptor rings must be quadword (8 byte) aligned
  - receive and transmit buffers have no alignment restrictions (at least
    none mentioned in the doc:-)
- rdp is at 0x200e0000 and rap is at 0x200e0004 (in the low order two bytes
    of each longword)
- it interrupts through the interrupt controller chip, usually vectored to
    0x250 (interrupt #5, network controller primary) when both INTR and INEA
    are asserted

I think this covers it. Good luck with it, rick