Subject: SV: Installation problems on a MicroVAX II
To: ', port-vax@netbsd.org' <,port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Johansson <cjn@isd.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/07/1996 08:19:48
I've been having problems installing NetBSD 1.2BETA on a MicroVAX II =
from a
TK50.   I've gotten to the point where the miniroot has (supposedly) =
been
copied onto the internal disk (an RD54), but it gives file not found =
errors
when I try to boot off the miniroot.  I think the miniroot is at least
partially there, because I seem to be able to load the boot program.

I'm using the tk-50-file{1,2}-12beta images off of ftp.netbsd.org.

Anyone have any ideas? comments? jeers?

 I had exactly the same problem, and I have note yet solved it. I tried =
 install the 1.2 beta image onto a uVAX 2 (gpx box) with a single RD54 =
and=20
 it just did not boot the miniroot, after a lot of problems and poking =
around I got       it to boot the miniroot of the tape, but when I got =
to the point where the kernel
 kernel prompts for a root, I tried to mount the miniroot wich wouldnt =
boot and it
 paniced. I also tried to repartionate and reinstall with a lot of =
different   parameters because I felt that it might be due to some bad =
block or something
 but nothingb seemed to help...

 When will there be another release? And would someone out there care to =
give
 me a copy of the complete uVAX 2 field maintanance tape, so I can =
reformat    my drive? The tape I got with my VAX has that function =
disabled.

 /Christian
=20