Subject: Re: uVax 4000
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/30/1996 21:56:29
On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Attached is all the info I have on the 4000 series.  I doubt any of
> them will run NetBSD/vax yet, but it shouldn't be very difficult to
> make it happen.  I have a 4000/200 cpu sitting in a static bag
> waiting.  :)  I'd suggest you go ahead and grab them...I sure would,
> if given the chance.  If you want to part with one, drop me a note. :)

Ah, I forgot about the 4000 model 200. This was a CPU board upgrade
available to uVAX 3600 (and possibly 3800/3900?) owners. You just tore
out the old CPU board and plugged in the new. Voila, you now had a VAX
4000 model 200 (note, it was no longer called a MicroVAX).

I even installed one of those upgrades for a customer a long time ago...
it's still in service and it's nodename is still M3600... ;-)

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar XJ6 4.2 Sovereign