Subject: Re: Status,
To: Robin Birch <robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk>
From: J. Joseph Max Katz <jkatz@mac.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/28/1996 17:59:55
I'm getting my hands on a VAX 3300 (for sure) and evetually (hopefully) a
3400. Both are classified as MV's in DEC's terminology. We want to get
NetBSD running on them. To see if they'll boot even, we are going to
write the tk-50 images to a tk-70 tape, and boot from the tape drive on
each of the machines (they both have TK 70s on them).

We'll see how it goes from there, but I've never worked in porting an OS
before-- so what do I do from here?

-Jon (J. Joseph Max Katz) jkatz@mac.edu |\/|=|===========================+
|OpenBSD Hacker (i386 and VAX) * MIS and CS double major * Tenor Sax     |
|Player * MSA Rep (Theater Association) * 'Daily Other' lackee (Thursday |
|Edition Editor) * OFFICIAL Alpha Phi Omega pledge * lab assistant, Mac  |
|Hall, Every Mon, Wed, and Fri: 3-5pm * Space Left Intentionally Blank   |
Say, you want to talk?  VOICE: +1 217.479.7308 (aka x308)
 SNAIL:  Box 4454, MacMurray College, Jacksonville, Illinois 62650 USA
NOTE: If I'm not slaving over OpenBSD on my PC, it's the VAX real-soon(tm).