Subject: VS2000, VS3100, uV3400 porting
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robin Birch <robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/1996 17:41:56
Dear All,
The current position is:

1) I have a 1.1A kernel and binaries installed.  I am currently
downloading the source tree at present.

2) I have ordered technical manuals for uVAX3400 cpu and the 3100, although
I suspect the 3100 won't be any use.

3) I intend starting with the 3400 as I can then go to the 3100 later.
The work I want to do for the 3400 is:  Device driver for rf discs.  ESA0
network driver.

What I want is the following:

a) Info on where to find 1.2 kernel source or the patches to take the
kernel from 1.1 to 1.2.  Advice please.

b) Has anybody done an ESA0 network device.  Is this the same as the
lance on the DS3100?.

c) Has anybody done an rf device driver.

d) Advice on whether it would be best to stick to a 1.1 kernel and then
hand stuff over to ragge for integration into the tree or go to a 1.2.

Marc, you can probably put me down for a part time developer/debugger for
the above.

Cheers

Robin